Ilva of the delightful Lucullian Delights has the most breathtaking photography I've seen from a curious cat to to a dewy grape to making the most mundane celery sing. She hails from Sweden but calls Tuscany home and has tagged me for a delicious non-meme about 5 things to eat before you die or just for the joy of eating.
When I first visited COPIA, the art display was blue pencil on white paper drawings of death row prisoners' last meals. Not the most uplifting but interesting none the less and it did get us thinking and talking about what we would eat if we knew it was our last meal. So for now, right off the top of my head at noon on a Monday....
1. Bruno's smoked mozzarella-eggplant-fusilli from Pane e Vino in San Francisco
2. My grandmother's meatballs and tomato sauce with a big piece of crusty italian bread.
3. A Chateau d'Yquem Sauterne with a huge hunk of Roquefort
4. Moules and frites with Ruinart champagne
5. An oozy unctuous 3-cheese grilled cheese sandwich from Hog Island
I'm going to cheat and add a sixth...
6. my roast chicken with a Puligny-Montrachet Chardonnay :-)
I'm hungry now!