This time sunny side up over quinoa with ... are you ready for it ... red pepper, black beans, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, cumin, paprika and ... are you sitting down ... sautéed cherry tomatoes and feta! So. Freaking. Good!
Southwestern Sunnyside Ups
quinoa - I usually jsut make the whole package, about 12 oz
1/2 red pepper, 1" slices, sautéed
1 cup black beans (I used Progresso canned)
3 green onion, sliced
1/4 of a small (2") jalapeño, fine dice, sautéd
a few shakes of cumin (add to your taste, I happen to love cumin)
a shake of paprika
juice and zest from 1 lime
1-2 tablespoons good olive oil, sea salt, fresh ground pepper
20 cherries tomatoes, cut in half and sautéed
about 1 oz feta, 1/4" dice
leaves from a few sprigs cilantro
1. Make quinoa according to package.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, sauté the peppers separately
3. Mix them all together one at a time: the quinoa, peppers, onion, beans, paprike, lime juice and zest, olive oil, salt and papper.
4. Sauté the cherry tomatoes until starting to caramalize. Add in the quinoa mix and cook to warm the quinoa.
5. Add the feta and stir.
6. Over medium heat, crack open the two eggs gently over the quinoa mix - you might need to use the shell to maneuver the yolk to stay on top. Cover and cook to your desired doneness. I like the yolks super runny so when you poke them, they become an unctuous sauce oozing over the eggs white and through the quinoa.
Slide onto a plate and enjoy! Buen provecha caballeras!